Nikwax Sandal Wash™ is a highly effective cleaner and deodorizer which has been specifically designed and optimized to clean and deodorize all non waterproof footwear, including shoes, sandals and next to skin areas of footwear, such as insoles and footbeds.
Nikwax Sandal Wash™ removes the build up of dirt and body oils from non waterproof footwear, as well as insoles and footbeds. Thereby reducing the growth of bacteria which cause odor to build up and rot materials and stitching. This has the added benefit of extending the useful lifetime of treated items.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE IT:
Sandals are designed to be worn next to skin, keeping your feet cool in warm conditions. They can be constructed from various materials including leather, fabric, synthetics, cork, rubber and plastic.
All sandals and footbeds have one thing in common; over time, contact with your bare feet will lead to a build up of dirt and body oils. This then leads to bacterial growth and smelly footwear!
WHEN YOU SHOULD USE IT:
Once your sandals have been used a few times and are starting to smell, use Nikwax Sandal Wash™ to clean, deodorize and freshen. Always apply this product to all non waterproof footwear, including shoes, sandals and next to skin areas of footwear, such as insoles and footbeds to keep them in top condition.
HOW TO USE IT:
Recommended for CrocsTM, Birkenstock®, Keen® and TevaTM footwear.
- Rinse item with clean water to remove loose dirt and to dampen surface.
- Shake well before use. Press sponge applicator to break seal.
- Apply generously over the area to be cleaned.
- If very dirty scrub with a stiff nylon brush (e.g. nail brush).
- Rinse well with clean water.
- Dry away from direct heat.
- Leave footwear to dry at room temperature.
- Paper can be stuffed into the toes to absorb excess moisture; this should be replaced when wet.
- Keep footwear away from fires and radiators, drying too quickly can crack leather and cause bonded soles to peel.
Note: Color may run, test on a hidden area first. For cleaning waterproof footwear use Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™.